- A seasoned criminal defense attorney with numerous successful verdicts on his clients’ behalf
- A published author – Missouri Bar publications on arrest procedures
- A professor of Law of Evidence
- Fox News National Legal Commentary – a regular member of Fox News’ Legal Panel
- Featured on Court TV “Masterminds” series
- Host of “A Wicked Offer” on The CW Network
- A certified expert for attorney Standards of Representation
- A trial lawyer who is passionate about his clients’ freedom
Your Attorney In and Out of the Court Room
My talent as an attorney stretches far beyond the criminal arena. Since entering private practice, I have focused my energy on federal Criminal Defense, DUI/DWI, personal injury claims, state criminal defense, federal drug charges, appellate advocacy, and class action case management, including the successful negotiation of a multi-million-dollar class action settlement for my clients. I also obtained a million-dollar settlement for a client as a result of a products liability case. As a result of my many successes as an attorney, I have been asked to share my expertise at employment seminars and have co-authored the 1998 Supplement for the Missouri Bar Criminal Procedure Publication. I was asked again by the Missouri Bar to write the chapter for the 2000 Supplement for the Criminal Procedure Publication. In 2005, I wrote the Arrest Chapter for the Missouri Bar.
My peers have recognized me as a Super Lawyer in consecutive years, beginning in 2011 and 2015. My service to my community and answering the call of those in need after the devastation of hurricane Katrina led me to make several trips to Louisiana where I hand delivered more than 30,000 pounds of relief items with the help of volunteers I gathered eight days after Katrina. As a result, I was the recipient of the Michael Coburn Award for Community Service.
I have authored numerous articles for legal publications and served as a speaker for both national and local legal education programs on topics ranging from trial work to ethics and forensic investigation utilizing cyberspace.
Lectures & Writings
- How changing technology brings ethical dilemmas as well as defining the reasonable expectation of confidentiality, Faculty, Changing Technology and Attorney-Privilege, 2012
- Authored the Arrest Chapter, Missouri Bar, 2005
- Authored the supplement for the Criminal Procedure Publication, Missouri Bar, 2000
- Co-authored the supplement for the Criminal Procedure Publication, Supplement for the Missouri Bar, 1998
- Adjunct Professor, Park University
- Guest lecturer, University of Kansas Law School